Friday, January 30, 2009

Word of the Day Keeps Laughter Millimeters Away

Here we go again. After several weeks without 'Word of the Day', I now formally announce that it has come back! Right here, right now!

Okay, this is the word of the day: OVERPROTECTED.
Once more, Krizzzia has proven that she is still the 'Queen of Quotable Quotes' (triple Q)!
Once more, she made my tummy as big as Snorlax's (Pokemon) because of the air I inhaled while laughing.

Here's what happened:
We were talking about the black cycling she borrowed from me yesterday until randomness brought us to the topic regarding her lola (grandmother). I couldn't remember the exact detail, I mean the things we talked about, before she said that qoutable qoute. But I could still picture her face clearly when she said that. She looked serious (while doing the detail of kitchen in BT2) when she said,'Yung lola ko kasi is OVERPROTECTED'.
The moment I heard the word in upper case letters, I replayed in my mind how her lips moved when she uttered the word though I was certain I heard it accurately. I was kind of puzzled so I said, 'Di ba dapat overprotective yun?'
After saying that, I looked at Paola who was sitting at my right, figuring out if she heard what Krizzia had said. Good thing she did hear it. I noticed it when she started to laugh. Clarice also laughed when she knew that. Krizzia I think was quite embarassed, aware of her mistake.
She asked us what's the difference between overprotected and overprotective. Paola said overprotected is 'para sa sarili' while overprotective is 'para sa ibang tao' (if I wasn't mistaken).

I can't easily get over with things like that. Until now, it still has the same effect on me just like the first time I heard it- OVERPROTECTED.

I was thinking of safeguard commrecial: Use safeguard for 24-hour 'overprotection' laban sa skin germs.

*So, to Krizzia, read this 'cause this is for you!

Search This Blog

Sorry Sorry-Answer MV