Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sidney Sheldon

So, how should I start this piece of crap?

I began reading Sheldon's novels when I was in fourth year highschool and I was amazed how this person relates an event to another. Among his novels, I first read his 'Morning, Noon and Night'(4th yr highschool) and I found it good,really good. It feels like you couldn't afford to rest, eat, sleep or take a break because you didn't want to miss the 'momentum'.

But now, I couldn't remember every detail and the name of the characters of the story cause it's years ago(haha, poor me). But as far as I can remember, it tackles about homosexuality, money, power, prestige and the like.

And last Monday, I finished reading 'Master of the Game' but it's not as 'beautiful' as the first book that I read. Still, it was compelling to read. It's about vengeance, power, wealth and (of course) sex.
What irritates me is that it contains a lot of 'sexual events' which are very descriptive so I can't help but imagine(that's gross!)! Well, most novels are like that.

Even if Sheldon writes story that can wash your brain and influence you to an evil life, he's still able to show this: 'With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.'(an excerpt from Desiderata)

And back to the library, 5th floor, humanities section, on my lap lies another Sheldon's book 'Tell Me Your Dreams'- about three beautiful young women accused of committing series of horrifying murders. I should finish reading it before heavier tasks 'explode' right in front of me!

*If there are any wrong grammar, accept my sincerest apology.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Sorry Sorry-Answer MV