Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bamban, Tarlac

We went to Sitio San Martin, Bamban, Tarlac last Sunday, November 30 because of NSTP- CWTS. Sitio San Martin is a partner community of UST- NSTP.

We enjoyed travelling; you know, the NLEX, the sight of the sun and the blue sky and of course, the stop overs (rest stops). Krizzia,my classmate, who was sitting beside me then, said I was kind of kill joy because she said I'd rather spend my time reading a novel than enjoying the environment not seen in Manila. I made no comment. I just gave her a smile.

When we got there, our cellphones lost signals. I suddenly thought it's like you're in a movie stranded in a remote place, your phone had no signal and there's someone who would tell you there's no way out. Haha.
We were an instant celebrity when we arrived. Children kept playing around, running here and there and happily waving their hands saying 'Hello!' We got out the bus and those children kept asking our names. It's like we're celebrities. And a child, upon seeing Mikee's digicam, said,'Ate pa-picture!'. They were really nice but naughty.

Most of the people who live there were Aetas. The place was so beautiful. I love the view of the mountain on the other side. People there were hospitable. They had a simple life and simple houses, too(most of their houses were of the same elevation and plan) .There's also UST Benavides Library, obviously one of the projects of UST.

I'm looking forward to seeing that place again in Dec. 14(together with my crush).

No comments:

Search This Blog

Sorry Sorry-Answer MV